I like being a pregnant person. (And no, that is not my stomach up there. I am holding out on those kinds of photos until there is no shadow of a doubt it is Baby Not Burgers)
- People are nice to you.
- They care about how you are doing. And mean it.
- They think being round is Cute. For Once.
- Resting is important and excused
- People squeal when they see you
- And are really genuinely excited for you
- You get to buy big clothes
- You no longer need to (or can) hold your gut in
- Not seeing your feet is comical, not tragic
- Looking good is secondary, OK, tertiary, to feeling good
- Asking for help comes really easily
- It matches my already advanced need for quiet time and naps and comfy bottoms
What's going to happen after the boy comes? Will I get any attention? Will I care? Is this the ultimate test of being a Grown Up? It is no longer about you -- and that is OK? Does the maternal love kick in and all that matters is the Baby?
Being a Very Important Pregnant Person is lovely. I look forward to seeing if I can give up the crown graciously to my new Prince.